Countdown

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ask Seek Knock Receve

Yard sale highlights :
1. Didn't price anything, had signs that said this is a fundraiser pay what you feel it is worth
2. Donations from some great people. Those who gave me your stuff to sell THANK YOU
3. Selling clothes by the bag, day 1 we sold few clothes. Today I made them buy it by the bag. Clothes flew off the tables left and right!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Having my grandma there who loves yard sales and loves to talk. She made this amazing. She told anyone that was willing to listen what we were doing and why. She was such a trooper for 2 long days!
5. My husband he pretty much ran the whole show. Probably a good thing cause I learned I hate to sell my things I know what I paid for them I would rather keep it then give it all away! He was amazing!
6.  My sister lives on the corner of Ray so lots of traffic! AMAZING

I have learned I am not good about asking God for what I want in regards to money. I am good at telling him "I need this" and begging but in this adoption process he is teaching me to ask. Matthew 7:7-8 7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. This scripture has been known and taught to me but so hard to walk it out especially when it comes to money. God has always provided I have never had to ask for something so big. And when I have been down and out he has provided I asked in terms of "hey I need to pay rent this month" or "I need to fix my car"... Never hey God I really need $700 at this fundraiser. I have had to trust and ask God to provided all the funds for this adoption. I am asking everyone for prayer and financial help where they can. Adoption is hard it involves lots of asking. Lots of knocking. Lots of listening. Never did I think I would be getting a lesson on Matthew 7:7-8 during this adoption process. Awwww

Bounce Fundraiser. Kayloni said you need a goal you need to ask for this $---- amount. So we set the goal at $500 we raised $510
Candles- asked to raise $300 raised exactly $300
Taco and bingo night I really wanted to set the goal for $700 I was convinced that was to high so I set the goal at $500 God meet us at $630. I choose to listen to humans and not him. I lost confidence in myself and my God. I did not wait for him to open the door so I could receive.
T-shirts I said I really need $600 so we can have our dossier to China in July we made $609
31 bags I got this wild hair idea that we could make $300 I did not know what I was thinking when I said that and guess what we made exactly that
Yard sale I said I need $700 I was told that was to high again but I choose to go with my gut and prayer. This past week we decided Bailey is for sure going to China with us. I prayed and asked God to open the door for the $90 for him to get his passport. I called made the appointment in faith it will all work out. At the yard sale we made $886. I asked, I seeked help, I received and the door was opened.
The seeking piece I have had to seek help for fundraisers, seek help for people that want to help fund raise (31 bags), (bingo night all the help that went into that). I am learning that these verses are key to ladybug coming home. I am beyond blessed, loved, over joyed that we are moving right through this process. I am learning more and more that my God is bigger then man. I am learning that I have to ask I have to seek and I have to wait to receive. This is hard work this is exhausting but with help we will get it done. We will get her home.
(Side note I didnt think to ask a dear friend who is good at grant writing for help. I assumed she has to much on her plate. I put on facebook one night how hard grants are. 30 minutes later she called to chew me out for not asking for help. She said yes I may be busy but if you are asking me to do something I love then I will make time. That is fun stuff not work. OOPS all the stress over how to get the job done and now we are working on our first grant)....

Another read for the night. Loving this....

Clarke's Commentary on Philippians 4:19

My God shall supply all your need - As you have given to me in my distress, God will never suffer you to want without raising up help to you, as he raised you up for help to me. According to his riches - His fullness is infinite; and through Christ, whose followers we are, he will dispense every requisite blessing of providence, grace, and glory, to you.

No comments: