Countdown

Thursday, February 27, 2014

What will it be like

Today was her second day. She arrived looked at this new teacher and new environment all of her friends sleeping mom handed her to me and left. She cried we went for a walk and she cried we talked and played and she found comfort for brief moments. I held her and wondered is this what it is going to be like. Am I going to be able to make her happy, can I stop the tears, will she feel safe in my arms. Will she look to us as mom and dad? Was this little one year old placed in my arms today a reflection of a year from now, is this going to be my five year old? I pray she will love us, I pray she will trust us and allow us to meet her every need. I want her home now. I want to tell her she is going to be okay. I want to hell her how beautiful she is. Does she hear this now? Will this be new words? I can not wait to see.

No comments: